Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas and New Babies

We had a two week Show Me Thursday this time around on Show Me Thursday Blog hosted by Sassy Cheryl, and I needed the extra time, as it's been a bit hectic here to say the least. DH and I hosted our annual Open House.


These pictures are of the goodies that I fixed for the Open House. I baked 42 small loaves of sour dough bread and what we didn't eat I gave away. The tins and buckets on the tables have cookies, sugar-cinnamon  almonds and pecan brittle. In the outdoor refrigerator is the tins of Tiger Butter, Fudge and Peppermint Bark. The plastic tub has Pudding candy and there are dips in there.




This year I decorated myself, so it didn't happen until Christmas Eve, so these are the pictures of the the mantle, coffee table and my Fontanini Nativity on the washstand in my dining room.


These pictures are of the tables in the breakfast room and dining room just before the company arrived.

During all the preparations for the party, I took a day out to babysit my niece's 2 year old so that his Grandmother could be at the hospital while my niece delivered his little sister. Here's a picture I made of Lucy Ann this morning in the Christmas gown I made for her.

So that's just a little of what I've been doing. Christmas is completely put away, and I for one am ready to get back to some crafting. How about you?

5 comments:

  1. awwwwwwww shirley, Lucy is just gorgeous and your food looks so yummy I am going have to dry my screen from drooling on it!!!! he he he he!!!!
    huge huge christmassy hugs
    Lou xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my dear energizer bunny I am gotally pooped reading about all this hard work. Then I read it is all put away! Foorrrget About It! My tree and decorations are still up and I have no idea when they will come down. LOL

    I hate to burst your bubble, but all the hard work you have shown here can't compare to that last picture of Lucy Ann. OMG she is absolutely the sweetest thing. Look how that precious little head is resting on those sweet little hands. She is even smiling at the camera. I am in love.

    Happy New Year Sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The decorations look amazing Shirley . . .and WUWith all the goodies in the frig. You need a bigger one. LOL And darn it. . .I knew I should have come for the Open House. I could have gotten myself a loaf of sour dough bread!!! :( You're simply amazing woman! ALl that cooking, baking and decorating! WOW!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. . . .I know that I have already commented on the photo of Lucy on the PCP group. . . .but got slap happy and pushed published too soon this time. Every time I see it. . . .she just makes me giggle and smile. SO DARN PRECIOUS!

    ReplyDelete