Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's Christmas In July

There are always Christmas in July sales going on. Not only does Sassy Cheryl have a sale going on until the end of the month on her Christmas images, but at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog there's a Christmas in July card challenge. Considering how hot and humid and dry it's been in Mississippi lately, pictures of snow make me feel cooler at least, so this challenge couldn't have come at a better time.

Who knew that snowmen could be so colorful, and I could have so much fun with one. This image from Sassy Cheryl's Store is called Up In Arms and he's colored very colorfully with Copics. I actually think I like the mix of colors.LOL Papers are all from The Paper Studio. I used my Spellbinders reverse scalloped circle to cut my image out. I had used a Martha Stewart daisy punch to create the snowflake border down the side. The by product of the punch was a perfect snowflake to go in each of the circles created by the Spellbinder nesties. It almost looks like he's juggling snowballs doesn't it? I created the sentiment myself in PSE and overlayed it onto a snowflake that was already the perfect color for my card. The sentiment says "Christmas Snow Much Fun".
You may not have the Christmas spirit just yet, but hopefully looking at the snowflakes and the snowman , you can at least think yourself cool.
Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Love hearing from each and everyone of you. Oh and don't forget to go shopping for those Christmas images. It's never too early to start those Christmas cards.

6 comments:

  1. Great card, Shirley. Great layout, great colors! Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, such a beautiful card! I always love your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific, Shirley!!! Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryl's-hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Shirley! thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  5. the way you have used the two nesties to make it look like small circles around the snowman is great... I have the spellbinders snowflakes - both sets - all for the sake of making my recent wedding invites for my friend and her wanting the snowflakes on... hey how - now i've got em, no probs... love the shade of green/turquoise you've used and often find that this shade looks well with a very soft lilac.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete