Friday, September 3, 2010

Let's Help a Friend

One thing I love about crafters is that we are there for each other. I've seen it over and over again. One of our digital artists, Alison Spellman's (of Stretch and Bubbles and Free Digi Stamps) Dad suffered a stroke that has left him with no feeling on his right side and has also affected his speech. Mr. Rogers has owned and operated his own cabinet shop for the last 40 years and will not be able to go back to work. Her parents are now faced with hospital and rehab bills that their health insurance will no where begin to cover. This is a picture of her parents that was made last winter.

Alison and 4 other Digital Artists have put together the following package of images. For just $10 you can own all 5 of them and in addition, Melissa Jensen of MelJen's Designs and Whimsy Stamps is also giving each person that donates to the cause a free image of there choice. But wait there's more. Bugaboo Stamps is giving away 8 images and Pauline of My Paper Playground has blog candy she's giving away. See the link on my sidebar. Now just how can you pass up a deal like this?

To donate please go to the Free Digi Stamps Blog for more information and click on the donation link there. In addition Alison is requesting that if you have time and could, a card of encouragement would be most welcome. She's giving away $25 worth of images at SNB to some lucky cardmaker that sends a card in. The address is on the Free Digi Stamps blog site.

This is my card for Alison's Dad. I used Tiddly Ink's Carpenter Joe image. Is he a hunk or what. The only thing that would be better is if he didn't have the shirt on was showing off his 6 pack. You're never too old for Eye Candy.I colored with Copics. I printed a bunch of the images and colored and cut out the wood for the lumber for my construction project. I think Mr. Rogers may faint when he sees the way I've got my boards nailed all willy nilly. I hope it makes him smile.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Shirley, this is perfect - I adore the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, this is so sweet (and sad), I'll have to go check the info out!
    You did a great job on the card - I know Joe would faint if he saw those boards! I'm sure he will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete