Friday, September 10, 2010

Snowmen in September?

I understand that it's been rather chilly in the Northwestern part of the United States, and they're thinking snow may be early. However, if I had a snowman and set him outside, he might last about 3 minutes here in the deep South. It's still hot and humid, and fall isn't looking like it's arriving any time soon. So why the talk about snowmen? Simple, Jodi-Ann is the Sassy hostess this week at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog, and she challenged us to make a card or project using a Sassy Cheryl snowman image with some extras - button(s), ribbon and sparkle. So here's my dilemma - WHICH IMAGE DO YOU USE? Cheryl loves snowmen, and her STORE is full of them. Choices, choices and more choices, including the free snowman image she has up on the PCP site for 700 members.

For my card, I chose the "Dancing Snowman" image. He's colored with Copics to match the colors in my DP paper. The DPs are wonderful aren't they? They're from Summer Drigg's free papers and are from the Winter Gifts collection. I added some mock flower fluff(word really rhymes with loft) for snow for my sparkle. I learned how to make my own cheaper version from this tutorial on the Hog Wild About Stamping Blog.

Martha Stewart has an edge punch called Daisy Dot Edge that has as a by-product a little daisy flower that looked like a snowflake to me. I miraculously had a piece of cardstock on my table that was the right color blue, so quickly punched some snow to add to my card. Finally needed a ribbon and a button. The ribbon was some fancy white ribbon, I had to make hair bows with I think. It had lines of satin, that I colored with the same Copics I used on my image(Copics can color so many things). My sentiment is from Create With TLC, and when the snowman challenge was called, I knew this was the sentiment I was going to use. Final touch called for a button, so I quickly grabbed this polka dot button, added some green sheer ribbon and called it done.

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. He is sooo cute, Shirley. What a great creation. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Snowman challenge at Sassy Cheryl's this week!
    Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, love the colors and design of your card. Wonderful!!! Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge with us this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. S is for snow? Really? I thought it was for SASSY! :)
    Amazing card as always Shirley. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For living in Mississippi, you've done a great job with this snowman! I live in Anchorage AND I'm not yearning for snow! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, he's fabulous! And that punch-a daisy? Really? Looks like a snowflake to me!

    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete