Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Show Me Thursday and Not a Minute Too Soon

Well, again I've waited to the last minute to post my Show Me Thursday for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog. I was waiting for pics from the highlight of my week before posting(that and I didn't want to give the world a chance to post their activities, since the prizes this week are TM fabulous)..

At any rate, I haven't made the first card since last week. Instead I've been spending time with family. Both of our kids with their kids live in the Phoenix area, so  we don't get to see them often. We have a niece and a nephew that have lived  here forever, but my youngest niece and her DH and son have just relocated here. I can't begin  to tell you how excited this makes me, as when she was little I kept her every weekend, so I count her as one of my children.

On Saturday, I went with her and her DH to a Flea Market. They were looking for a rug, and I was just looking. My purchases were this key chain called a Monkey Balz. The parachute cord is covering a steel ball. You hook your keys to the key ring and then when you're heading to your car, you hold the ball in your hand. If someone approaches you, you start swinging it in a circle and it lengthens so that you can hit them with your keys and you're still out of arm's reach from them. The reason you hit them with the keys end is in order to cut them and get DNA, although the ball end hurts when you get hit with it. The loop allows for you to wear it over your wrist which is nice. At any rate we had a fabulous day.





On Monday, I got to babysit for Coleman while my niece went for an obstetrician appointment. They're expecting Lucy Ann in December. Easiest babysitting job ever as he was in his bed for a nap when I arrived, and  he slept the whole time she was gone.

What I was really waiting for for my post was a picture if my great nephew Charles, my husband's namesake. He and his mom came out yesterday so that I could help her with addressing some invitations on the computer. Have you ever heard of pregnancy induced carpal tunnel? I hadn't either until she got pregnant this last time. At any rate, although she was told it would go away, Charles is 3 months old and she still can't hold a pen or pencil. I also had to go pick up Coleman at daycare yesterday and keep him until his mom got off work, but we were so busy, I forgot to take a picture. I'll do it next week for sure.

And finally for Cheryl, who sponsors this challenge and gives away great prizes(you really should check it out), this is a picture of the way  TM looks, and has looked since last Friday.

I've gotten my two walks in this morning and now I'm off to yoga, and then I'm meeting my niece to go to a consignment shop. Hope you all have some great plans for today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh. . . .I SOOOO need one of those keychains. What a fabulous idea. I love it.
    Look at that sweet little face on Charles. He is soooo stinkin' cute!!!! And you got off lucky on the babysitting with Coleman taking a nap. That's the best kind of babysitting. :)
    Now, Shirley. . . .you REALLY need to get in there and clean up that mess, woman. But I have to say, I LOVE IT! So glad you showed us. . . .LOL
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little Charles. I could just kiss him all over his face. I bet his giggles are like angels singing. Shirley, I see in your closet. LOL that place looks like it needs me to come and play. Sure wish I could though. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete