Thursday, June 24, 2010

It' WW Thursday

I became a WeightWatchers member in 2003 and after losing 43 pounds, I got to Goal and made Lifetime. You remember the saying "It ain't over until the Fat Lady sings?" Well ,with any good health plan you better not let the Fat Lady sing. So to keep myself honest, I signed on to be a substitute Leader. Now that I don't work, and I really don't have a job other than making cards, I have a regular Thursday night meeting and an "At Work" group. Both meetings are on Thursdays and in the next town over from me. I always wait until Thursday morning to prepare my Lesson, and then I'm in a frantic race to get to Starkville in time for the lunch meeting. My regular meeting doesn't start until 5, so I spend the rest of the time doing paperwork and checking out Tuesday Mornings and Walmart(it's an 80 mile round trip). I wish they had a Big Lots. There are NO LSS in this town, and that's probably a good thing.
On to my cards for yesterday. It's all about Tiddly Inks. I absolutely love Christy's wide range of images, and there are all layers of difficulty for me, in terms of coloring. This week's challenge on the blog was to use lace and/or buttons as embellishments. I had seen this Word Art at Create With TLC, and I knew it would be perfect for a girly card. I fear I am over the top with this one. However, I'm thinking that some soldier is going to be happy with being able to send this to his little girly girl, and his little girl is going to be just as happy to receive it. Since I sew, I have lots of lace on hand, so that certainly wasn't an issue. The Paper is scraps from some previous card making.

As you know, I'm working on blank cards for my OWH box, and I like to do multiples. It's hard to be productive if there is lots of coloring to do(at least for me). However, this Tiddly Inks image( a freebie when she first got started on PCP) is perfect for my level of skill. Thanks to Carisa for making a card(and letting me at least copy the concept) and introducing me to Bellas Baubles. They are the little colored embellishments that fit right over the "flowers". I did color underneath them a bit to make them "bolder". The sketch is a take off from a CAS challenge sketch. Be sure to check out Carisa's blog for some really beautiful cards. The Word Art is a freebie from Bethany's Elegant Word Art. I love digis and being able to layer the Word Art right over the image. Heck, I like digis for just so many reasons, but first and foremost because my DH has no idea how many I own.LOL
I better get off here and get busy with my lesson for today. Hope you all have a wonderfully productive day.

5 comments:

  1. I love how you used the Create with TLC saying on the cupcake card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just visited your blog for the first time and I had such fun. I love your OWH cards (well, your other ones too, but especially the OWH) and I am so enjoying reading about your new craft retreat! The floor is beautiful! I can relate to your feelings on travel out of my having traveled like you and I love seeing your being so active in the construction! Blessings, Louise Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shirley..another fab card.. I love the sentiment..

    PS I am loving your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Shirley! Don't you love these bella baubles? I know I do. :) Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete