Monday, August 16, 2010

Pretty In Pink

Well, this has been a good week for me. I got to use lots of pink, and you all know I LOVE PINK. Imagine my delight when the challenge at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog was to use a card using pink. Could you see me dancing the happy dance? Only one problem, out of all those wonderful images at the Phindy's Place Store, which one to use? I finally picked this Summer Cutie called Patience for what I hope is just my first card for the challenge. I saw a sketch similar to this on a card in Cardmaker magazine and knew it would be perfect for my card.

My image is colored with Copics. The card stock and designer papers are from The Paper Studio. I used my Martha Stewart Edge punch for the outside edges and then used my Spellbinders Deckled oval to cut a hole in the DP band. The flowers were made using Martha Stewart hydrangea and branch punches. I finally used the flower soft I bought a month ago for the flower centers. I think the hardest thing about this card was finding the right sentiment. The first place I go looking for a sentiment is Create with TLC. Paulette just seems to always have the perfect sentiment for Phindy's card, and how perfect is this one for this little girl tending that lone "flower". I rubbed a little pink ink on the sentiment card to tone down the white a bit.

7 comments:

  1. Taz, Just found your blog..your cards are beautiful...so inspiring.

    Hugs, Karon(10K)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...this is absolutely stunning!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those flowers and your design is out of this world!! Great coloring!

    Thank you for joining us again this week at Phindy's Place. Your support means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shirley!! The flowers look amazing. I gotta try the flower soft soon. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card. I love the layout, those awesome flowers and of course, that colouring. Thanks for sharing it with us at Phindy's Place.
    Big Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Shirley this is so beautiful, love the flowers you've made and a perfect sentiment and layout too, in fact I love it all:)

    Thanks for joining us again at Phindy's Place
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card! Especially the mauvy pink.

    ReplyDelete