Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thinking of You

This weeks challenge at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge blog was two fold. The first part was to create a Thinking of You card, which I have to say was the easier part of the challenge. The second part was to decide if Cheryl really knows her Design Team like she thinks she does. Cheryl had to take the DT Cards and decide who created them. Our part of the challenge was to say if we thought she was right or not. I had a third challenge, and that was to create a card while entertaining my 3 year old grandson, MonkeyMoo.

My DH took MM(MonkeyMoo) to look for deer in the truck to give me some crafting time alone. I got the card part done using a Sketch from this week's Sketch Saturday Challenge. Papers are from The Paper Studio. This cute little boy hugging his teddy bear is called Love's Healing Hands, and you can find him and many more wonderful images at Sassy Cheryl's Store. Doesn't he look like he's hugging that bear because he's missing someone? I can't help but hope that MonkeyMoo doesn't get to missing his parents so much, that he's got his stuffed monkey John squeezed up this tight. He's still got a week left on his visit. The sentiment was saved in my computer as MM Designs, but for the life of me, I can't find a link to the site. At any rate it was the perfect sentiment.

As for whether Cheryl is right or not, I'm going to have to vote yes. I wish I had time to print them all off to study them, but not only do I have a 3 year old to entertain, but I also have my older daughter and my 16 year old grandaughter flying in today to spend the week. I'm just thankful I found time to be creative and play in the challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I love hearing from you.

9 comments:

  1. love the card Shirley! So cute. Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card. Enjoy your family time and God Bless your DH for giving you some crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute---could be your little grandson! I know how hard it is to squeeze in crafting time when you have a "little" boy to take care of-tehe!
    Thank you for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.

    Oh, and if you haven't done so already, guess which card I did and post it on my blog to enter yet another contest for a $5.00 gift certificate to Sassy Cheryls! I'll announce the winner on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!!! Thanks for playing along this week..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't think I was right all the way! They made me 2nd guess myself and I changed at least 2 that I knew were probably right. Oh well.
    Thanks for taking part in the challenge! Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Shirley! Enjoy your grandson ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Shirley! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
    Hugs, Alina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley - adorable card! Hope things are still going well with MM and your DD and DGD!
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh he is adorable shirley, i love the image and the colouring is absolutely fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete