Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanks and/or Food at Sassy Cheryls

This week's Sassy Cheryls Challenge on the blog was set by Sassy Jeni. With this past week having been Thanksgiving, it's the perfect time to show our thanks. Certainly I'm thankful to my neighbor and crafting buddy, especially for inviting my DH and me to her house to share in Thanksgiving with her family.

Thanksgiving Day was also my neighbor's birthday( I really think there's something wrong with doing all that cooking on your birthday), so it was a perfect reason to get my challenge card made early, because what would a birthday be without cake? I actually gave it to her on her birthday, I just haven't taken the time to blog it.

The image is called Avery Celebrates with Cake. She's colored with Copics, PrismaColor Pencils and Faber Castell Polychromos. 

The digital paper is from Shery K Designs  Party Time 20 Kit. The cupcakes and the sentiments are silhouette cut files.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww. . . .Shirley. This is adorable and I'm sure your neighbor just LOVED it. Your coloring is beautiful! Just amazing!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, look at you mixed media lady!!! I'm impressed! Perhaps, once I get my nerve up, i, too, will attempt this mixed media look ;) I agree-not fair she had to cook all that on her special day-oh, well! Probably doesn't happen too often! I'm guessing it has or will happen to you, too!
    So glad you joined us for the challenge this week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa hoo! look at you using both prismas and fabers..awesome coloring! you go girl.. and- do I see some cameo cupcakes being showcased here.. (wink)
    Happy happy that you joined our Sassy Challenge this week!
    hugs to ya

    ReplyDelete