Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Using My Cameo for Printing

I know you all know how much I love my Cameo, so this week I want to show you how I use it  for making stationery. My BFF retired from the Post Office, and still is wonderful about writing notes. She had mentioned that she needed some stationery, so I went to work. I googled stationery and found several sites. I used the examples I found to create several different cards for her. Some are folded note cards and others are flat cards.  You can go as simple as a few lines and a name or a monogram to elaborate papers. Since I'm set up with a continuous ink system on my printers and have a gazillion digital papers and since I'm giving this away and not selling it, I did some really elaborate pieces.


Here are some flat card examples. I've made the cards 4.5 x 6.25 as there is an invitation envelope that you can buy at Walmart to use for envelopes. I've printed on the Georia Pacific 110lb. cardstock from Walmart, so I don't have a lot of money tied up in this. With the flat cards, you can get two cards per sheet. Here's how they lay out on the mat of the Cameo.
I colored in the background rectangle and filled the image and the name with white
I created my bottom rectangle, added a long rectangle for a band, used one of my shapes from the Silhouette store and filled the shape with white, but colored the line and gave it thickness . The Monogram is from the Silhouette Store.




I also had fun creating some more elaborate cards using my digital papers. These are all folded note cards. I simply designed my card front on a rectangle 4.25 x 5.5 and then aligned it to the bottom of a 5.5 x 8.5 rectangle as shown in this picture of a mat.
For this one, I created a rectangle and then did an interior offset for the second rectangle. I colored the outside lines of the rectangle green, and filled the interior white. I took my knife tool and cut away part of the rectangle in the right corner at an angle. I then typed the name and inserted it in the opening. Simple, but effective.

If you wanted to sell your cards, which you could very easily do, you can simply use rectangles to create lines  and insert the name or monogram. If you have the diffuser you can even create an embossed card with the monogram smooth. The possibilities are endless(don't forget to Google note cards for some ideas). As for my BFF, I designed about 15 different examples for her to pick from, and print and cut two of each. She loved them all, and has a variety to pick from on her next note writing(which will be as soon as she gets home).

These will make wonderful teacher or graduation gifts.

If you're looking for a cheap place to buy envelopes, check out Heinrich's. If you buy them by the 1000 lot, they are a super deal. Since I also make lots of invitations plus OWH cards, buying them by the 1000 is a great plan for me.

The last thing I want to share with you is a picture of an indigo bunting. My walking buddy and I came across him yesterday on our morning walk. We think perhaps he hit the windshield of a car. She took him home to see if he would recover, but unfortunately he expired. That said, I still wanted  to share a picture I took of him because his coloring is totally amazing.

And that's my SMT post for this first week of may on the Sassy Cheryl's Blog. I look forward to seeing what the rest of you are up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bird. Sorry he didn't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. . . you are a whiz with that Cameo woman! These are over the top incredible! You certainly RULE!
    You're right, the coloring on the Indigo Bunting is beautiful! I'm so sorry to hear that he didn't make it. He sure is a looker, that's for sure.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing what you can do on that Cameo. The stationary options were so varied. You amaze me. That sweet bird is beautiful. I have never seen one in Myrtle Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stationary is gorgeous!!! You amaze me, lady! The bird is gorgeous and so sad to hear he didn't make it ;-( Poor little guy.

    ReplyDelete