Sunday, August 11, 2013

A Thank You Happy for a Friend

A friend, neighbor and sometimes walking buddy was generous enough to open her pool for our use this summer with MM was here visiting. I had a tote that I had picked up on clearance at WalMart to put her monogram or name on(she's forever more making things and taking them to people). Well I hadn't gotten around to deciding what to do exactly, when this week's Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog theme was Anything But a Card. I was going to make a box envelope for stationery, but I wasn't feeling it. When looking through my Sassy Cheryl images, I came across a pre-colored image I had purchased called Birdhouses on a Hill. Inspiration struck and I knew exactly what I was going to do.

I had a package of the Silhouette Heat Transfer Material for Dark Colored Fabrics. It was just a matter of creating my scalloped oval, adding an oval within it with my image pulled in, and adding Robin's name. Filling in background colors and then doing a print and cut. With this material, you have to pull your cut image off the paper and then lay it on your fabric. Also, it says to cover with a thick material like a dish towel, before pressing(this is REALLY important, ask me how I know), and pressing. Now I just need to add some goodies to the tote before I deliver it. Have I told you how much I love my Silhouette Cameo?

I love the way it turned out,  and wish now I had a ton more of those pre-colored Sassy Cheryl Images for some little girl t-shirts.

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea, I love it and you have inspired me to use my cameo too :)

    Thanks for joining us in Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!! you love your Silhouette--- can you see the big smile from here!
    She is going to love getting this awesome tote! You go girl!
    love it!
    hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friend, neighbor and sometimes walking buddy? Wow. . .she has a lot of titles. :)
    Robin is going to LOVE this. Super creative and oh, so fun and thoughtful! I LOVE it SHirley!
    Thanks for playing along in the Anything but a card challenge this week with my Sassy Gals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shirley, this is gorgeous!!! Love adorable image, how you put name on it. You rock with your Silhouette.

    Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl’s Anything but a card Challenge, hope to see you again next week.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you can do just about anything with your Cameo! This is incredible. I'm not completely sure of the process, but, I sure do love the results! I know Robin is going to flip over this!!! I'm so glad you joined us for the Anything but a Card challenge at Sassy Cheryls! Best of luck!~

    ReplyDelete