Wednesday, November 10, 2010

3-2-1 Done

Besides a DT team that can produce the most inspiring cards, the Phindy's Place DT is always there for a great challenge on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog. This week's challenge is a recipe challenge. 3-2-1 which translates into 3 elements of one kind, two elements of another kind and one element of yet another type. This normally wouldn't have been such a difficult challenge for me, but I'm in Phoenix and over a thousand miles from TazMania and my tools and supplies. I couldn't haul my Copics and just barely had room for my minimal supply of Prismacolors. This being the case, I needed an image that needed minimal coloring. Sweet Carol, not only fit the bill, but I had already printed it out. Oh and just so you know, Phindy has added a country church scene to the Store, that would be perfect with this image.

A trip to Michael's and JoAnn's netted the papers, the sentiment and the poinsettas. Then it was just a matter of finding the time(I'm babysitting my grandson this week and he's keeping me pretty busy keeping him entertained) and space(I'm working off an ironing board and part of the kitchen table) to get my card assembled.
I wish I thought I had time to get another card done for the challenge, but MM isn't going to school tomorrow, so I will be at his mercy for the entire day.
Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Just love it Shirley! Adorable image, beautifully colored and a great layout! Just love it!!!! Did I already say that? Oh well.. . .I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, you created a lovely card - even working on the ironing board!
    Thanks so much for making the extra effort to join us at Phindy's Place this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How super that you were able to play even though you didn't have all your supplies at hand. This is so sweet and I love your colouring with the Prismacolors. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Shirley! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great card, even created without most of your stash, love it! Thanks for playing along at Phindy's Place
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Shirley! So glad you joined us this week at Phindys Place.

    ReplyDelete