Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another One Slid By Me

While I was busy getting ready to go skiing, I neglected to make birthday cards for three of my friends. Since I got home from skiing, I've been using any challenge out there to create a belated birthday card. This week on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, we were tasked to use embossing of some form or another. Needless to say this was a challenge that called for a belated birthday card.

Since the reason I was late with the birthday cards was because I was out in Colorado playing in the snow, I thought it was very appropriate to use this image, called "Whoosh", one of Phindy's Winter Cuties. Be sure to check them out at the Phindy's Place Store. I colored my image with my Copics. I created the dark blue scalloped rectangle with my Cricut and my MTC software, and then used my Marthat Stewart ScoreBoard to emboss the diamonds. I also cut a rectangle of cream paper and embossed it with my Cuttlebug Polka Dots folder and gave it a hit with some blue ink. For the card itself, I used some DP that I had in my stash.

Finally, the sentiment in keeping with the reason I missed getting the card done in the first place was something I created in Photoshop. . Hope my friend can forgive me for being late with her card. Now I need to get busy on some Valentine cards.

7 comments:

  1. Such a clever combination of image and sentiment, Shirley! Your coloring this is really terrific and so is your embossing job.
    Thanks so much for playing along this week at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect card for your situation Shirley!! Love your clever sentiment. I LOVE Colorado!! I was there for my first time this past summer. My sister lives there and we went to visit. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute. Love that sentiment with your image, perfect combination.
    Really like how you did the embossing with the MS board to make a pattern, looks great. Wonderful belated birthday card, think your friend will love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Phindy's Place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley I really love this card hun - that sentiment is just perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, this is adorable. I love your coloring of this image!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Phindy's Place. I hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab sentiment! Such a pretty card, I'm sure she loved it.
    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. dont I just love this one!!
    how clever (-:
    thanks for being with us again at Phindy's (-:

    ReplyDelete