Monday, February 21, 2011

Monochrome

I'm pretty much not a monochrome person. I love color too much, and always think that you need a second color for some pop. Having said that, I'm still playing along with the challenge over on the http://tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com/Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog to create a Monochromatic project. I'm also desperately in need of birthday cards, so you know where I'm going with this project.

I have chosen this image called "Take A Bow", and it can be found at the Tiddly Inks Store, along with more fun, cute and quirky designs. For my color I chose shades of Purple. I decided since I was stepping out of my comfort zone, I'd go all the way and do it with colors too. My image is colored with Copics.

The papers are from a free paper kit by Correen Silke called Sandy Getaway and can be found at Computerscrapbook.com. There are tons of gorgeous free kits here.

I created the fan flower and added the sentiment as the center. The sentiment is from Rainbow Echo. A flourish, some brads and a bit of ribbon and voila, I have a birthday card.

12 comments:

  1. oh she is jst so gorgeous shirley, i love her hair and i am just going to have to pop over to anne's blog now and see what yumminess she has popped in the whimsy store now!!! hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shirley, such a fabulous card. Although I don't use much different colours on a card, I also am not a monochromatic girl. But I really think your card is perfect, Love all the shades of purple and the flower is really fabulous. It looks so great with the sentiment.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, this is a beautiful card! What a pretty purple birthday card! So Glad you could join us again at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley - so lovely! I love seeing your creations each week and this is just perfect. Great little rosette (is that what it's called?) under the sentiment..thanks for joining us again this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, this is gorgeous! I love the way you colored her! This has such a pretty layout too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is soooo pretty! Love your colouring and your take on the monochromatic challenge at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Shirley! She is so pretty in PURPLE!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful Shirley! Great shades of purple. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Shirley!! I LOVE the colors that you chose!! For not being much of a monochrome person you certainly rocked this out!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monochromatic is harder than you think. You achieved the look with style and flair my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, but you did such a gorgeous job! And her HAIR! Fabulous! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's simply beautiful! Love purple!

    ReplyDelete