Thursday, August 11, 2011

Music for the Soul

Recently Phindy O'Neill introduced a new set of images called Two Seven Oh int the Phindy's Place Store. These are simple things from everyday life and quick to color(or maybe not). At any rate, I absolutely loved this image called Skeins. It reminds me of one of my dearest friends, who is an avid knitter. Then when I found this Word Art over at Create with TLC, I knew I had to make a card for her. Her life is often chaotic, because she's the BEST Grandmother in the world and has 12, yes I said 12 grandchildren. I know that a day doesn't go by that she doesn't take a few minutes, usually at night to sit and knit. Knitting is truly music that feeds her soul.

The papers are digital and are from a kit called Sunday Gardens by Coreen Silke from Computer Scrapbook.Com. These soft greens and yellows are so tranquil to me and definitely put me in a happy place.

This is my second entry in the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog Anything Goes as long as it's a Phindy's image.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloring Shirley and I love how you printed the sentiment directly on the DP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color combo Shirley. Fantastic sentiment with the image, too. Perfect for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, again, another great card. I have this image but yet to color it. Now it seems I'll have to go to TLC to get a sentiment!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley love the colors and the sketch lo of this card girl this is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley
    Sorry to be so late commenting, what a lovely card, this was my favourite for this week! Love those papers, so often I see gorgeous digi papres on your blog and this is no exception, thanks for playing along at Phindys Place this week,
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete