Thursday, May 3, 2012

Clean and Simple, But Not So Easy

You would think that Clean and Simple would also mean easy, but unfortunately for me, that is SO NOT true. So why do a CAS card, you ask? Because it's the challenge this week on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, that's why.

I went to my scrap box and found the purple polka dot papers. I didn't have enough of the darker to use as a shadow for the image, so decided to just accent the corners. The image is called Spring Bonnet, and I had to color the bonnet green in honor of Phindy's granddaughter who has a big bonnet made out of a green John Deere print. She was one of last year's Summer Cuties, and she along with several of her friends can be found at the Phindy's Place Store.

The sentiment is an acrylic stamp that I'm sure I purchased in the dollar bin at Michaels. It seemed appropriate with her peeking out from behind that sun bonnet.

Thanks for stopping by. I have lots to get done, including straightening up the mess I have going in Tazmania.

5 comments:

  1. You have done a great job, I also find CAS cards really difficult. I love the sentiment as well. Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with clean & simple too Shirley. I think we just like lots of stuff!! Lol
    Your card is darling. Perfect sentiment for her shy little smile. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a completely charming card, Shirley - and I LOVE that you gave her the green bonnet! Lovely sentiment too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Good use of scraps. I try to use my scraps as much as possible but sometimes the box is just too full and you just need to start over. THe flower is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable. Such a sweet sentiment with her, too. The green and purple are a wonderful combination of colors. Thanks for joining us for the CAS challenge at Phindy's Place.

    ReplyDelete