Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Sketch Challenge at Sassy Cheryls

You know I love a sketch challenge, and this week that's exactly what they have going at the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog thanks to the Sassy Ms Jackie. Here's her sketch for the challenge.

Isn't this a great sketch?

So this week for those of you that don't know, I'm in the great state of Washington spending some time with two of my Sassy friends, Ms Judy and Ms Anna. I'm at Judy's until Tuesday,  then moving onto Anna's. Yesterday Anna came up to craft with us, and Judy cracked her whip and had us working on our challenge cards.

Anna and I cheated a bit. Instead of cutting out 9 squares and trying to space them evenly and straight, we created a window that overlays over the printed paper. The DP papers are from The Sasha Paper Collection by Prima Marketing Inc. The solid papers are some that Judy says she bought in bulk from Cosco.

The images were merged using the Silhouette software(that was the first thing Judy wanted to know how to do on the Silhouette). On a side note, I should warn all of you that I've created a merge monster. The images I used for this card are called Sassy Sally and Her Over sized Birthday Cake  merged over the Beauty in the Making Notes stamp set. Everything is colored with PrismaColor Pencils and Faber-Castell pencils.

You all cannot imagine how much fun it was to create this card with two dear friends. It's Sunday afternoon, so there's still time for you to get your challenge card made and entered as the challenge doesn't end until Monday afternoon at 5 p.m. EST.


9 comments:

  1. FAB-U-LOUS!!!! You should never have told us you cheated on the squares because I would never have known. I am so glad Judy is having fun with her Cameo and that you are able to teach her more stuff. I just wish I had more time to spend with mine and could get at the calibrating - one of these days.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's not "cheating"...I thought my idea of using perspective/optical illusion was pretty clever. And a lot less aggravating than gluing down tiny squares.
    It was lots of fun yesterday...despite my crafting frustration at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I would have thought of your idea Shirley and Anna! It would have been much easier then trying to glue those little squares all matching up.
    Darling card Shirley~ Maybe you teach us that one at scamp...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, It was awesome fun watching you and Anna create your cards here yesterday! Love watching the super creative process used!
    your coloring with pencils is f a b u l o u s!!
    the use of the window was the perfect idea! I will remember it!
    thanks for the fun! Love every inch of your beautiful card!
    Thanks for getting sassy with us for the sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, it's nice to read how you have enjoyed together. You did beautiful card. I like how you cut windows.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I bet you girls had a GRAND time!! (good job getting them busy on the challenge Judy)
    Your card is beautiful. How did you make that window? That'a a good template to have on hand Shirley. Enjoy the rest of your visit. You girls BEHAVE! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could hear the whip cracking from here! LOL! And it's ok if you cheated. . .it's beautiful! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the music notes. It certainly does SCREAM b-day wishes! You three sassy ladies certainly did ok. LOVE IT!
    Thanks for playing along with the Sassy Cheryl DT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was so nice to meet you at Judy's yesterday.. Your card came out super! love the merged notes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous is right! Wowzers, would never have guessed the squares weren't cut and layered and the merging and cutting with Cameo--- can't wait to learn front the master! Enjoy, enjoy! What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete