Monday, April 8, 2013

Baby Charles is Turning 1

It's been almost a year since my niece gave birth to my husband's namesake. I have no idea how the year has passed so fast. It seems the older I get the faster time seems to be passing. His birthday party is going to be May 4, and since I'm going to be tied up with my Weight Watchers Camp, Grand Jury Duty and a trip to visit crafting buddies in Washington for the next 3 weeks, it was necessary for me to get off my duff, and get busy on the party invitations and decorations.

So my first entry in the Sassy Cheryls Show Me Thurday Blog two week challenge is the fruit of my labors. So far this has been a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday endeavor, but I can happily report that I am done.

First on the agenda was the invitations. I went surfing the web for monkey invitations since that was the theme she wanted to use. I found tons, but we agreed on the wording of one, and this is the final result. The monkey clipart is from a kit from Clipart Corner and the polka dotted papers are from a digital kit called Modern Dotty Blue Brown from Cupcake Cuties. I have used the two kits for all my birthday projects.

My second project was note cards. In the South, we're all about monogramming, so I had to used the diamond monograms that I purchased from the Silhouette Store and then added the monkeys to the bottom.

My niece wanted a Birthday Banner, so this is what I came up with. It took me all day to figure this one out to keep from having duplicate papers next to each other. I also blue up and print and cut out the monkey in the palm tree as a starting and ending point for the banner.

She also wanted a photo banner. Having no idea what pictures she's going to be using and whether they'll be 4x6 or 6 x 4, I made the months separate circles, and then made slits in the frames so that they can be turned in either direction. The wonderful thing, is that the Silhouette cut all slits so they're centered in the frame. Now to make them a bit sturdier, I have blank frames glued to the back of each of them.

Finally I saw a high chair banner and had to make one for baby Charles.

So that's my SMT post for the first week of the Challenge. Be sure to grab your camera and snap a pic of what you've got going on in your life. It's a two week challenge, but there are also two winners of a Sassy Cheryl Image of your choice. Now how can you lose?



9 comments:

  1. Oh my, is this ever fantastic and so adorable.. It is too bad he is only one and won't appreciate everything you have put into this but at least all the adults will. FAB-U-LOUS!!!
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shirley, everything is so cute! Banner, monkey, paper. they may be lucky to have you.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley that's AMAZING and you know im the queen of bunting and really love yours its cute and funny and just perfect .Well done sweetie .xx Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinking cute is all of this?! I'm inspired! I talked to DD about Baby B's birthday...I'll have to get started. Expect a call :-). You are so clever, creative, and generous with your time and talents...lucky family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blimey - that is a post and a half - fantastic - so much work gone into all that - hope it was appreciated
    Hugs
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is really Amazing, Shirley! Can I adopt you as my Aunt?! This is precious and your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too stinkin cute as Cheryl would say. Love the blue and brown colors and those monkeys are precious. Those invitations look like the ones a very expensive boutique here in MB sells. The matching envelopes really finish it off in style. Wowsers GF this is awesome and quite worthy of Charles namesake.
    Have fun in DC. I grew up there and my brother still lives in Northern Virginia. Wish I could join you, but maybe one day we will all be able to get together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, Shirley. And Linda. . .quite stilling my 'lines'. LOL
    These really is too stinkin' cute though Shirley. I know his momma loved them. They are so sweet and I know they will put a smile on the face of everyone that receives one.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete