Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's an Anything Goes with a Phindy's Image

This is definitely my favorite Phindy's Place Challenge of the month. It's the challenge where anything goes as long as you use a Phindy's Place. That's never an issue since I own quite a collection of Phindy images to which I keep adding. I just hate that I've been so busy this past week trying to get ready for a visit from my daughter and grandson and my camp buddies next week, that I'm down to the wire and don't look to get 3 cards made. I'm still hoping for two.

I printed this image out last week planning on using it for a fall card, but didn't have time to get it made. This week I decided it would be the perfect image to use to make a card for someone needing some peace and comfort. Knitting is so therapeutic, even if you do occasionally drop a stitch. You truly can knit away your troubles. This image is one of Phindy's Two Seven Oh images. The image is colored with my Copics.

The papers are some I printed last week and came from Computer Scrapbook Dot Com, but don't ask me  the kit name. I had this idea for an embellishment of knitting so I went to my floss box for the yarn. I tried starting out with knitting on toothpicks(perfect miniature knitting needles) but the sanding job on the toothpicks wasn't the best. I ended up knitting this using two plastic needles and then knitting over to the toothpicks. The flowers came out of a box of a gazillion flower pieces that is now turned upside down on my desk.

Card one done, and hopefully I'll have time for card two. Please come and join in the challenge over on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog.  You still have about 17 hours to get your entry in(it's 10:34 CST).

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - great colouring and I must add wonderful detail with knitting on wooden sticks.
    Thanks for joining us at Phindy's place and good luck.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, WOW--this is a winner! Love the REAL knitting embellishment! Incredible, Shirley!
    I've been back from baby duty (oh, such a joy )for a week now, but, unfortunately, I got deathly ill so am just re-entering the blog-i-sphere! I've missed you! Wanna come over and play?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love this too! What a cool idea to have the knitting needles and your coloring is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD Shirley, this is brilliant. You never disappoint! Real miniature knitting and needles, such a great embellie. This may be my all time fave of your cards, so clever. I look forward to seeing your creations each week, such a treat always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card. The soft colouring is so pretty and your little needles with the knitting is such a perfect added touch. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is my absolute fav of all!!!!! i am lovin those "knitting needles" tooooo fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete