Sunday, June 16, 2013

For a Guy or a Boy

The challenge this week on the Sassy Cheryls Challenge blog was set by the Sassy Miss Judy. It was to create a project for a guy or a boy.

OWH had a Blog Hop on Memorial Day, with lots of blog candy. I try to do the Hop to support all of those folks that make cards for OWH. With my track record on winning anything, I certainly was surprised to get an e-mail from one of my favorite authors and an OWH supporter, Joann Ross, informing me that I had won her blog candy. The candy included several sets of acrylic stamps, including lots of sentiments, but the icing on the cake was a wonderful 6 x  6 pack of paper from The Paper Loft called Hooked on Fishing.

With this paper, I knew just the image I had to use for my card. It's called Fishing Day, and it's one of Cheryls older images.  He's colored with my PrismaColor and Faber-Castell pencils. The sketch is based on this past week's Tuesday Morning Sketches.

While I was cutting out the pieces, I opted to make a couple of more cards using this delightful paper. The image and sentiment are files from Silhouette Online store.

These cards were so much fun to make, so thank you so much Joann.

If you are as avid reader as I am, and are looking for a good read, especially a series where you get to know that folks in a small town, please check out JoAnn's site and be sure to read her Shelter Bay series. I've been hooked on her books since she wrote her Irish trilogy. I promise you won't be disappointed.

7 comments:

  1. Well Miz Shirley you sure made a keeper, in fact three keepers. So glad you found some me time in TM. I sure get tempted with the Cameo when I see what you create. Congfatulations on your win. I am off to checkout JoAnn,s site. Thanks for the suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley this is so cute as can be. I love your paper and layout.
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that paper! so cute, Shirley, love the clouds! I've looked at that image file for a while, might just have to get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, congrats on the win! How fun!
    Shirley. . . .what a perfect card! MM. . .is he quiet while fishing? LOL He's such a card, you know.
    I LOVE the silhouette. It's perfect.
    Thanks for playing along in the For the Boys challenge this week with the Sassy gals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so exciting to win! Perfect papers for you to creat for your special guys! Wonderful cards, Shirley! So glag you joined us for this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win, Shirley! Great designs for your guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley well done on winning and your cards are so cute ,i love all three .The papers are perfect and i love the fishes .x

    ReplyDelete