Monday, June 3, 2013

Step Right Up or Maybe Slide Right Down

This week the theme for the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog was set by the ever Sassy Miss Ann. Make a step card. That in itself would have been challenge enough, but did you see the cards that the DT made for the Challenge? If not, please go check them out, and leave them some love, because they raised the bar with their creations.

I got an idea for my entry, and thankfully, because of the Cameo and the Silhouette Store, I was able to find a pre-designed step card that I could use parts of for my challenge.

Cheryl recently added these two images called Max is Flying High and Maddie is Flying high. I decided that a step card would be the perfect chance to build a scene of summer fun of sliding in a box down a hill. The images are colored with my Copics(that surprised you didn't it). I think that coloring with the pencils has improved my Copic coloring. Note the duct tape holding the planes together. Duct tape is a wonderful thing.


Here's an angled view so that you can see that it is actually a step card.

All cut files are from the Silhouette store and solid card stock was used.

As usual I've waited until the last minute, to get my card made, and if I don't soon relieve my DH of babysitting duty, he may leave.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Shirley, Shirley, Shirley...you created the cutest little scene with little Max and Maddie!! You are definitely rockin' that new "Cameo" of yours!! I love it!! Always so much fun to have you hang out with us at Sassy Cheryl's Challenges! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Shirley! I was going to say Shirley, Shirley, Shirley, but Pat took that one. :)
    This is super fun and creative and absolutely gorgeous! I am in love with ALL of it, from the coloring to the tulips, but the trees are my absolute favorite. It's just a stunner for sure.
    Thanks for playing along in the step card challenge with the Sassy Cheryl gals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute cute card! Love how you have Max and Maddie coming down the hill. Perfect for this challenge. Can't believe you found the time to color and put together your cards with all you have going on. You amaze me dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwww I totally love it!! the little scene looks divine!!
    shirley hun you must email me as I lost all my email addy's when my laptop died!
    I got my silhouette for my birthday on saturday and I love it already!! I love this step card so will have t o see if i can find that in the store!!
    hugest of hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your Cameo make quite the team! These guys look too cute flying through the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley ,I love your sweet card ,adore the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Shirley, this is so adorable!!! I love your layout, your scene, how you put flowers Maddie, Max. You just rock!
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowsers! This is adorable, Shirley. Great step card and fun use of the new images.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute...I love Max and Maddie flying along...Your step card is fantastic...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh My Word! I can't believe that I didn't comment on this amazing work of art!
    your creativity on this one is over the top F A N T A S T I C ! The most fun of all is that
    ( big surprise ) you cut everything with the miracle Silhouette Cameo!
    Wonder woman with a wonder machine!
    Then- not one, but two sweet as can be Sassy images, colored perfectly!
    Way to go my friend!!!!!!
    you Should come back to Washington, it is Beautiful and cool here, at the moment... Rain is supposed to start soon!
    hugs to ya!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete