Monday, January 24, 2011

Buttons and Bows

Are you old enough to remember that song from the old Bob Hope movie "Son of a Paleface"? If not do a google, and you'll have your earwig for the day. I have to say Roy Rogers was my hero growing up, and he looks darned good in the clip I watched. Jane Russell was looks pretty darn good herself, and Bob Hope is just Bob Hope.(You know being old isn't such a bad thing with memories like these). Okay so what does this particular song have to do with a card? It's simple. This week's challenge on Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog was to create a card using Buttons and Bows, set by Sassy Ann, who while not quite as old as me, I think might remember this song. I, of course, had to use a recent purchase I made at Sassy Cheryls Store(I need at least a weekly fix). This image is appropriately named "Bee Mine", and I'm going to be sending this to my BFF. Her family owned and operated an apiary. She now has a guest house that's full of Bee Memorabilia and is named appropriately enough The Honey House(converted from a concrete building they used to store sugar in for feeding the bees). I've colored her with Copics, and I love the rich deep reds. Coloring with them is a bit tricky though.

The papers are from Sharia Braxton's Shapes of Love kit(she's no longer blogging and designing kits). I unfortunately didn't have any red buttons in the shapes of hearts, and the challenge was going to be over before I could get to Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Instead, I decided to make my own buttons, by cutting some of the hearts out of the DP paper and punching a double hole in them and popping them up. Works for me. Sure hope it works with the DT.

So glad to see you stopping by, and I love comments.

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable Shirley! Super, super, cute! I'm lovin' her blue socks! And I adore your homemade buttons! They're PERFECT!
    I will do that Google search later, I'm afraid if I do it now, I won't be able to get the song out of my head! :)
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley this is just gorgeous honey!! Such a sweet card and like Cheryl I just love those homemade buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. shirley love your card the buttons are great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is soooo cute!!! I love Bob Hope...but I haven't seen that movie yet. I will have to google it. I imagine it would be great to have memories of those kind. I love those movies and actors from back in the day...even though I'm only 34. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been singing that song since last Tuesday when the Challenge posted. The card is divineand it looks like those buttons are a big hit! Have fun in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, Shirley.. Terrific job and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...I'll have to Google this one-I don't doubt that I do know it but am having a brain freeze! And, yeah, I'm a little younger but not by much my friend!
    Your card is too cute for word---and the one you sent me, well, my friend, I cherish it. What a dear friend you are!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. Hope you will continue to join us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love that song and movie.

    ReplyDelete