Thursday, January 6, 2011

Show Me Thursday #7

It's been a couple of weeks since I did a Sassy Cheryl Show Me Thursday. I missed some, and Cheryl cancelled one, since I think she figured none of us had time for crafting over Christmas. Instead of making a New Year's Resolution, I'm making daily resolutions. So far they've been about purging and reorganizing in my house.

Well this week, I decided that I needed to redo my Spellbinders organization. I'd been using the DVD cases with the magnetic strips inside, but I have some that wouldn't fit in the the case. A couple of months ago I downloaded a SVG cut file for folders for storing your Embossing folders from Creations by Christy. She's a master of organization, and I loved what she did with the (She's since reorganized them again, but I don't have a Clip It Up). I converted the SVG using my Make-the-Cut software, and I've loved the storage, since I found a perfect container for holding them.

Recently Christy redid her Spellbinders storing them in a notebook. That wasn't the way I wanted to go, since I don't want to be hauling out the notebook to grab one Spellbinder, but I loved her idea of putting it on chipboard. So with that thought in mind, I lengthened the folder file that I had created for the embossing folders and decided to just go with the left/right. My way of organizing this time was to alpabetize first by type e.g. circle, frame, oval, etc. and then by style of each type. Once I had my organization done, I cut pockets made using cheap transparencies and taped them to the outside of the folder front with the folder in the correct position(left or right). I cut a piece of heavy chipboard smaller than my folder, added magnetic tape. I labeled the folder and the chipboard. Add the Spellbinders to the magnet strip and then slip the chipboard into the folder.
This is a picture of the Spellbinder folders. By leaving out the center folder and organizing them by type, I've found it's easier to find them.

This might not work for you, but it's working great for me. Oh and do you see my new purple carrying case behind my Copics. My neighbor's DD's family gave it to me for Christmas. It folds flat and stores great.

5 comments:

  1. Shirley, I LOVE your Spellbinders storage! I just might have to steal that idea... ;) You now have a TON more Copics than I do...

    I have missed you!
    HUGS!
    ~Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh that looks super Shirley, you have been busy.I bet they are loads easier to see now.Huge hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! What a great way to get organized for the new year! You've been a busy lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Shirley! I am definately going to try to get more organized. You have inspired me. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete