Thursday, January 13, 2011

Stressed or Distressed or Both

Well, I'm definitely feeling the stress of being down to the wire on getting my challenge card posted to the Phindy's Place Challenge blog. The theme this week is to distress you card. Fortunately, distressed isn't also stressing me, but the fact that I'm a week late with a birthday card is. Guess where this card is going?

For my card I chose this image called Beary Beautiful. Isn't she lovely. I colored her with my Copics, and I think I can feel the breeze blowing her dress. Can't you? I have to tell you I CASED the card from Loupy Lou. Thank you Lou. I loved the torn section, and it screamed Distressed to me. Not sure where the paper is from, but I think it came out of a pad. It already looked distressed, I just used my deckle blade on my rotary cutter to make the edges look torn. I wove a piece of the same DP through a Martha Stewart Punched piece of cardstock, and then hitting them both with a Tim Holtz distressed ink pad. Finally I ran two lengths of narrow ribbon through the punched piece and tied a bow. I waited to the end to stamp my sentiment, and that was almost a bad mistake. It didn't stamp as dark as I wanted, so I took a Copic and CAREFULLY went over the letters.

Off to get it posted on the challenge blog before time runs out

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Shirley. Love the paper and your torn chunk. The colouring of your image is great and just pops off the card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Shirley, this is wonderfully sweet! I love your soft little bear in pink and I really like the layout of this card and the faded, distressed dp. Lovely work!
    Thank you so much for playing with us at Phindy's Place this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh its gorgeous shirley, the image is too cute and the card looks just fabulous all over hun hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a cutie! You coloured this lovely bear so wonderful...
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge and hope to see you back...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Shirley!!! Love the distressing and the way you wove the ribbon into the punch. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card! Great job on the coloring (technique and color choices). I love that image. Thanks for joining in my struggling little challenge at Angel Creative Updates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley this is beautiful! Love that punch and the soft colours.
    Thanks for being so kind about my last minute card:)

    Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shirley, another gorgeous card! I hope you applied for the DT!

    ReplyDelete