Monday, January 10, 2011

I'm So Blue

The challenge courtesy of Sassy Ann on the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog for this week was to create a card that was all about blue. Well when she said all about blue, I took her at her word. Not only is my image blue, but so are my papers, my bling and I even have a blue sentiment that's all about blue.

This sweet image from Sassy Cheryl's Store is called Missing You. It's going to be perfect for my OWH box, as they're always looking for cards with general sentiments like Missing You or Thinking of You. She's colored with Copics. The papers are from a huge collection of scrapbook paper I bought at Sam's more years ago than I can remember. The flourishes were cut with my latest Sissix purchase. I had to purchase the flourishes so I could use my I-Rock tool to add bling, and don't you know that flourishes just call for bling. The top layer of DP is embossed with D'vine Swirls and then sanded to give it a little distressed look. I took my blue stamp pad and dabbed on anything that was white to give it a blue feel. Finally instead of using Photoshop Elements to create my Sentiment, I did it with my Make-the-Cut software and then printed it to my printer(actually my neighbor's printer since mine is dead).

I think I got the challenge rules met, and I loved making the card. Just need to get a wee bit faster. Now I better get back to organizing before my neighbor decides she wants her half of the table. I've completely taken over the room. I definitely have to clean before Show Me Thursday.

6 comments:

  1. I Must be blind. I don't see any blue. :) hee hee.
    I LOVE it Shirley and it's a great missing you card. Sweet, sad and adorable all in one place. It's perfect!
    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week. Take off your sandals and rest a spell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh shirley that is just awesome hun, i love everything about it. awww the litle girl looks so sad i want to give her a hug!!! have a fab day hun, I am just off to bed!! huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Shirley! I just wanna cry with her. I guess that means you got the effect you were going for, huh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't finished...wrong button (lol) I love It! ~jeni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely, Shirley.. beautifully colored and perfect for the Blue challenge at Sassy Cheryl's! Thanks for joining us. Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, so cute Shirley!!! Love the layout of the card!

    ReplyDelete