Monday, July 4, 2011

Anything Goes

This week is the Phindy's Phriday Challenge on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog. For the next several months, the first Friday of the month is going to be an Anything Goes as long as you use a Phindy's Place image. No problem there for me, I've got tons of images and am always buying more.LOL
For what I hope is the first of my challenge cards, I chose this image called "Ships at Sea". Isn't he delightful? He's one of the wonderful Summer Cuties that can be found at the Phindy's Place Shop. I'm not going to give you the direct link, because if you have to look, I'm sure you'll find an image or two or three that you just HAVE to HAVE. He is of course colored with Copics.

I have to tell you I found this wonderful paper over on the My Grafico site, and when I saw it, I knew it would be perfect for Ships at Sea. It's from Jazzy Patterns, and is appropriately enough called Sailing Away.

The sentiment is one I quickly worked up in Photoshop. When I was looking for a sentiment, I Googled sailing quotes. I found this quote "A sailor’s joys are as simple as a child’s" by Bernard Moitessier. It reminded me that children don't need fancy toys to experience joy. Please feel free to grab the senitment if you want it
.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley. Great paper choice for the image and a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie, great colouring and the perfect paper too. Thanks for playing in the challenge this week
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley this is just so cute and the coloring is great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable Shirley! Love the DP and swirl embossing, perfect match. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Beautifully colored and the patterned paper is perfect with him, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious, Shirley, but then, I've come to expect that from you, my friend!!! Still waiting for Marlene's sentiment-any ideas yet?!
    Thank you for joining us this week for the Phindy's Place challenge. So great to see only Phindy's images this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what an amazing card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge this week...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet. I bet the little bugger is trying to figure out how to blow the ship up or flood the house so the boat can really float!!! Little boys are never this quiet or good!

    ReplyDelete