Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Color Opposites At Phindy's Place

The challenge this week on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog  is to create a  project using color opposites or complements. The DT provided us with this color wheel.

I went searching and found this wonderful site with an Interactive Color Wheel. Not only does it give you the color complement but also the RGB number so  that you can create your own complementary papers. I, however, just used this wheel to find the right papers for my cards.

For my first card, I used this image called Pumpkin Baby. I think she looks like Phindy's granddaughter, and knew I had to make a card with her. Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? There are more images just as cute to be found at the Phindy's Place Store.  I've colored her with Copics, and I had to give her red hair.

The papers are from a free kit called Sassy Lass from Raspberry Road Designs.  The sentiment is a rubber stamp I picked up from the $1 bin at Michaels.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love your colouring and the layout is fab!! Thanks for joining us at Phindys place this week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a wonderful card with a supercute digi....
    Thanks for joining us at the Phindy's Place challenge...
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley what great papers and isn't this image lovely, adorable card. Thank you for joining in with this week’s Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll play again this Friday!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your paper choices (once again). Beautifully colored, I just love this image, too. Such a great Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete