Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall Colors

This week on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog the challenge was to use Fall Colors. I think they chose this challenge in hopes that it will bring on the Fall temperatures. After all it is officially Fall by the calendar. There's a new twist on the challenge. You don't have to use a Sassy Cheryl's image(although personally I can't imagine why you wouldn't), but if you do you get two entries in the challenge. I like better chances.

When I went looking for an image to use, I came across this one at the Sassy Cheryl's Digi Store. The image is called Day Dreamer Boy. When I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my card. Fall conjures up images of lots and lots and lots of leaves at my house( my house sits in the middle of a forest of trees). I decided my little guy was sitting amongst a pile of leaves pondering one of life's deepest questions - to rake or not to rake.

I used my new Baby to cut out the leaves, using papers that I had printed from a digital kit and had on hand in my scrap box. The papers are from a free kit called Falling for Fall  from Summer Driggs. I created the sentiment in Photoshop and don't know whether you can use it or not, but I've posted it below if you'd like to grab it.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Shirley...how are ya, darlin'? I gotta tell ya, I am seriously lovin' this card...brilliant concept, m'dear! Those leaves are just spectacular!! And what a fabulous sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing that with us...and thanks so much for joining us again this week at Sassy Cheryl's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey miss Shirley, you always have the best sentiments... lets see....... I choose not to rake, hee hee...
    What a perfect little sassy boy for this card.. your coloring is, as always right on gf!
    Awesome creation... love all the fun leaves.
    So glad you joined us for the Sassy Cheryl Challenge this week!
    Hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creation, Shirley.. And yes, the theme was in hopes of much cooler temps! Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge, as well as that terrific font creation. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo Look at all those leaves you created with your baby, Love em. Great challenge card, awesome colored image. Thanks for playing the SC challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know our dirty little secret about rushing fall by choosing this challenge! Think it will work? I sure hope so!!!
    Love this card Shirley with ALL of those leaves. Super fun and beautifully colored. What a perfect sentiment too! I personally choose NOT to rake. I mulch them up with the lawn mower. hee hee!
    Thanks for playing in the fall challenge this week Shirley. Always an amazing card and a whitty post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shirley this is GREAT!! omg love all the leaves the saying and your coloring is amazing.I have a gardner so no raking for me.LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card Shirley, and thank you for your kind words saying I will be missed. I will still be around, those sassy gals will be a hard bunch to forget! LOL I will miss them and the wonderful entrants alot.
    Hugs
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm...NOT to rake, thank you!!! It takes away from my coloring time silly. Lol
    Beautiful card Shirley and I love where you took your idea. Perfect for this image. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete