Thursday, September 22, 2011

Show Me #43

Looks like I might be first this week in the Show Me Challenge over on Sassy Cheryl's blog. I've got a new toy and can't wait to show it off.

I have been waiting and saving for awhile for a shipment of Black Cat Cutters to come in and finally they arrived a couple of weeks ago. There was a glitch in the shipping of them to the dealer, so mine wasn't shipped until last week. It was showing a delivery from Fed Ex on Saturday. Just one problem there, it had to be signed for and I was headed out of town for my class get together. Well DH was home and was supposed to wait for it, but when the delivery didn't happen by 8:30 a.m.(who does he think is going to be there at 8:30 a.m.), he left to do  his thing. Well guess what I had to wait until Tuesday(seems Fed Ex Home delivery doesn't work on Sundays and Mondays) to receive? Needless to say those few hours cost DH a few days if you know what I mean. I hope he learned his lesson, but I doubt it.

Monday I worked on cards and cooking. I snapped this shot of the deer in the back field from my carport Monday afternoon.

Tuesday morning around 9:15, the Fed Ex man showed up with my newest gadget. Here's the box. Notice the 4' wide table behind it. I let the Fed Ex man put it  in the house instead of TM. I have no idea what I was thinking. It didn't weigh but 33 lbs., but man was it cumbersome.

I got it unboxed, and I spent Tuesday  getting it set up and watching tutorials. Wednesday was spent trying to perfect the cut. I named her Sultry Sinta(Cherokee for Cat) and cut her name out of vinyl. The table she's sitting on is over 36" wide. She's a BIG cat for sure.

These are a close up of some of the things I tried cutting. I wanted to see how well it cut small detailed stuff. I was not disappointed.
So now it's time for you to post what you have going on in your space this week. Remember, you're in the running for a chance at a FREE Sassy Cheryl image. Of course anyone can drop in for a nosey, so it's only fair that you post your space too.

4 comments:

  1. You are the first. Good for you! You were just itching to post these pics weren't you!!!! Come on, be honest.
    Poor hubbies. Will they ever learn? Nope, I don't think so.
    Loving the name and the picture of the deer is wonderful! You honestly should have know better than to have the FEDEX guy to put it in the house. You poor thing. I can see you trying to carry that thing out to TM. Should've had DH do it. hee hee!
    Thanks for showing your wonderful stuff, Shirley! Love it. I'm sure you're having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photo of your deer, Shirley. What a great scene from your carport.

    Wowsers, I have never seen a die cutting machine THAT big!! Now I'll have to google the Black Cat and check it out. Looks like you are having fun with already. Can't wait to see all of the fun things that you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great machine. . . I'm curious about the beautiful things you'll make with it

    groeten Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shirley
    Oliebollen taste just like donuts.
    Here in holland you buy the ingredients together in a box, you only ad water to it.
    Oliebollen are eaten here on New Year's Eve .
    but we like to eat them every time of the year
    (sorry for mij bad english writing . . .I do my best)
    greetings Jolanda

    ReplyDelete