Sunday, September 9, 2012

Got The Blues?

No I don't mean the sad type of blues, but a card with blue as the primary colors. That's the challenge that was set by Sassy Jeni on the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog this week.

I'm in the midst of an OWH cardmaking frenzy(you'll see those on my SMT post this week), but I took time out this afternoon to create my challenge card along with a few extras to go in my OWH box.

I'm having the best time creating all the card shapes in my Silhouette Design Software, filling the shapes with my digital papers, and then letting the Cameo do the hard part of cutting everything out. It sure speeds things up, and I'm actually able to save paper.

For this week's challenge, I've chosen the Sassy Cheryl image I Love You This Much. I love this image, because it always reminds me of one of my nephews. He was saying this to my mother, his Granny. I've colored her with Copics.

The papers I've used are from the Cocoa Paisley Damask Collection from Dotted Daisy. The frame and the flower shapes were freebies from Shery K Designs. I again used the print and cut features of the Cameo to cut them out.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. oh shirley hun that is one beautiful card and I love that you are having so much fun with your silhouette too.
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, these are too cute, love this little cutie in blue. Just had to drop by and say hi and tell ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly can't feel sad/blue when you look at this gorgeous card! You have just the right touch for adding that special something to your cards to make them perfect. . . .and might I add that they always make me smile! Always!
    Thanks for playing in the Got the Blues challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a card making machine Shirley!!!! These are darling. Beautiful coloring on this Sassy cutie. ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes, Shirley, so many beautiful cards!!! This design is terrific. You are awesome, lady! I so admire you and what you do!

    I'm so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge. I hope you will join us again, soon!

    ReplyDelete