Sunday, September 2, 2012

Reading, 'Riting and 'Rithmetic

Sassy Jeni chose the theme of Back 2 School for the Sassy Cheryls Challenge Blog this week.  There are many children that will be starting school on Tuesday, but our kids here in the Mississippi have been back in school a good 3 weeks.
I've been working on another project(aren't I always working on a project), and hadn't got around to making my card, thank goodness. On Friday, My Scrapchicks had a free clipboard card. How perfect as a base for my challenge card.


I couldn't make up my mind between Off to School Girl or Girl Letterman from my Sassy Cheryls images.  I decided I'd just make two cards. Both images are colored with Copics. In the, interest of full disclosure, I should also tell you that Sassy Cheryl has added an adorable Sassy Sally Is Going Back to School image at the Sassy Cheryls Store along with some more precious images, so be sure to go check them out. There's even a Labor Day sale through Tuesday at 9 p.m.with 20% off, so don't miss out.


The background paper is from Little Cherry's Back To School Digital kit from Shery K Designs. Perfect paper for  the theme, don't you think?

Of course I used my Cameo with it's print and cut feature to make this card. It only took two white pieces of 8 1/2 x 11" card stock for each card, and I only printed or colored the shapes that needed to be cut. Can I tell you how much I love my Silhouette Cameo? It is one awesome piece of equipment.

Can you believe, I'm going to get my entry in before 3 p.m. on Monday? Yeah, I'm finding that pretty amazing myself. I even have my pictures for my SMT.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both awesome cards Shirley! But I think Cheryl should make a Noah "back-to-school" digi so you can make a special card for MM. :)
    And Way to go on having an "early post"...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Shirley! way to go getting your card in early! they are both fantastic! Can't believe how fast cards are to make with the cameo! It does seem amazing! of course there is a very talented person working it!
    I love that you got down and SASSY with us with week for the Back 2 School challenge!
    hugs to ya
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring on those pleats Miz Shirley. I am off to google the Cameo to see what this machine actually does. Have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just too cute, Shirley! and love the clipboard too...thanks!
    Thanks for playing our Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. . . .you sure are always working on a project! That goes w/o saying. I LOVE them both. . . .
    And Anna had another good idea. Have to think about that one, but in the meantime these two are FABULOUS and just perfect for this weeks challenge! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 'clip-board' . Super fun and cute!
    Thanks for playing in the Back 2 School challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so stinkin' cute, Mz. Shirley!!! Lovin' the clip board!
    I am so glad you joined us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge! What a delight to visit your blog and see your work!

    ReplyDelete