Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Rest of the Story

Last week I shared the God rocks of my friend and told you, I had another story to tell. In order, to tell you the story, I needed pictures; and they needed to be with a child. I recruited my great nephew Coleman to help me with this post.

My BFF has seven grandchildren given to her by three daughters. The two older daughters married, lived right down the road. They had their children, and didn't move away until those kids were old enough to understand parting. The younger daughter moved away before her first child was born. His name is Whit, and  he loves his Mommee better than anything. From his earliest days, any time they'd come for a visit, he'd cry when they had to leave to go home. He cried, his mom cried and so did his Mommee. As he got older, he recognized that when they started loading the car, that he was soon going to have to leave, and the tears would start. One Sunday afternoon when he was about 3, as his dad was loading the car, my BFF  looked out her kitchen window, to see Whit crying and kicking rocks in the driveway. Then he stopped and picked something up. He came into the house.


He looked up at my BFF, both hands turned up with a rock in each one and said, "Dis is my hart when I have to go."

And then he put the rocks together and said, "and this is my hart if I could stay."

Pretty good analogy for a 3 year old don't you think?

Whit is 17 years old today and still a sweetheart and loves his Mommee better than anything.

This is my SMT post for this week for the Sassy Cheryls Blog.

5 comments:

  1. oh thats a beautiful story shirley, thank you so much for sharing it hun
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, what a precious memory for your bff. Love that story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOsh! That brought tears to my eyes! What a FABULOUS story and you're right. . .what a FANTASTIC analogy. I TOTALLY LOVE IT!
    And those pictures are great.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a precious story.... how special your friend must feel to have a little one be able to put that concept together and mean so much to the little guy. thanks for sharing that Shirley~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwww. That about says it all. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete